Design Director – Bluewave Communications
Bluewave Communications is a digital media design firm based in Oakland, CA, that produces high-end corporate presentations, video animation, interactive programs, and websites for Fortune 500 companies in the Bay Area and nationwide. Their parent company is Nayamode Inc., a Seattle-based agency specializing in marketing consulting, content, and campaign development.
We are seeking an Design Director for a full-time opening. In addition to design development, this position involves management oversight of an inhouse design team, interfacing with clients as a design lead, and assembling and directing project-based contractors.
Requirements include an impeccable mastery of design (and demonstrated through an online portfolio), conceptual thinking, oral and written communication, presentation skills, the ability to inspire and lead, and a proven track record in developing creative solutions from concept through production. Industry experience and knowledge of presentation design standards is a must
The Design Director will drive the design process – meeting directly with clients, the account manager, project managers and designers to develop creative briefs, assist in developing proposals, identify project specifications, develop visual communication designs, and direct a staff of designers to execute the work. For many projects, the Design Director will be required to translate written copy into a compelling visual format by creating conceptual storyboard designs which may be implemented by other designers.
The Design Director assists in the development of internal brand design standards and creative oversight of marketing campaigns including website, portfolio, email, and collateral.
Ideally, this position is filled onsite by someone local to the Bay Area and Oakland. We are located in the uptown neighborhood of Oakland and situated near Bart and other major commute routes.
Bluewave offers generous benefits including comprehensive healthcare (California Choice), a 401k plan including a 3% match (administered through Ubiquity.com/Charles Schwab), and time off for holidays, sickness, and vacations.
- Have a BFA or equivalent in Graphic Design.
- 6+ year’s agency experience as a Design Director with a background in both strategy development and art direction.
- Have an extensive background in marketing communications and multimedia design.
- A comprehensive portfolio that demonstrates multimedia and interactive design experience.
- Exceptional storyboarding and design skills.
- The ability to lead, plan and managing the creative process for multiple, concurrent projects.
- Immaculate attention to detail and time management.
- Possess an understanding of technical constraints. Can work on both PC and Mac platforms.
- Has the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and do hands-on design work.
- Relevant industry experience – video, presentation, or animation design.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud.
- Good collaborative work skills and positive attitude.
- A team leader who feels comfortable interacting with clients.
- Ability to mentor and motivate designers.
- Willingness to update skills and keep current with the industry.
If this opportunity is what you have been looking for, please apply with the following information:
- Samples of your design work (please be specific about your role in the project).
- Your salary requirements.
- Any other requirements you might have before accepting work.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.