Business Planning Manager, Surface
The Surface Business Planning team is looking for an expert to lead business planning for the Microsoft Surface accessories line of products. If you have a proven track record in pricing, product marketing, finance and/or product management, this is a unique opportunity to lead and develop the end-to-end business planning process at a critical and dynamic time.
Success in this role will depend on applying business judgment, the ability to partner well across a broad and diverse set of global teams, strong collaboration with stakeholders and the ability to synthesize complex feedback and lessons learned from our customers, channel partners, and sales teams. It will also depend on the ability to understand and connect a variety of factors that impact and inform our business strategies, including product roadmap plans, channel dynamics, and customer research, among others.
Responsibilities – core
- Determine SKUs, markets, launch waves for Surface Accessories category
- Drive SKU creation, plan-of-record publishing content
- Develop volume forecasts for new/iteration products based on historical sales and some market-level opportunity sizing
- Analyze current PCA business to identify growth areas and work with engineering and product planning to build the best product roadmap
Responsibilities – stretch (depending on how well we do with the core first)
- Design pricing strategy for Surface Accessories, collaborating closely with product marketing, product planning, program management, sales segments, and finance
- Define gross margin profile, business model, and product lifecycle strategy with marketing, finance, and engineering partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years of post BA/S experience in finance and/or strategy, business planning, product management and/or marketing, consulting and/or operations
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with partner orgs and teams
Strong analytical and structured thinking skills